Try this wholesome veggie pumpkin and kale curry using Cornish Sea Salt Company Chilli Hit seasoning for a mid-week dinner.
1 medium sized pumpkin, seeds removed, skin removed and flesh chopped into chunks
3 tbsps of vegetable oil
3 tbsps of Cornish Sea Salt Company Chilli Hit
2 white onions, thinly sliced into half-moons
2 tbsp of vegetable oil
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
Thumb sized piece of fresh ginger, skin removed and grated
2 tsps of mustard seeds
2 tsps of ground cumin
1 tsp of ground coriander
1/2 tsp of ground turmeric, fresh or powder
1 tbsp of curry leaves, dry or fresh
Small bunch of fresh coriander, leaves and stalks chopped
2 x 400g tinned tomatoes
6 large kale leaves, stem removed
- Toss the pumpkin chunks in the vegetable oil and sprinkle generously with Cornish Sea Salt Company Chilli Hit. Bake in the roasting oven, on the 3rd set of runners for 30 - 45 minutes until golden. Leave aside to cool. Blitz half of the pumpkin to add to the curry towards the end.
- While the pumpkin is cooking, soften the onions in oil on the simmering plate for 20 - 30 minutes until well coloured, stirring occasionally. Add the ginger, garlic, spices, curry leaves and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the coriander stalks and tomatoes, stir and heat on the simmering plate until simmering. Cover with a lid and transfer to the simmering oven for 30 minutes.
- Add the chopped kale, blitzed pumpkin and roasted pumpkin pieces and season with generous pinches of Cornish Sea Salt Company Chilli Hit. Heat on either the simmering plate or return to the simmering oven for 15 minutes, or longer until you are ready to enjoy.
- Finish with the chopped coriander leaves and pumpkin seeds. Serve with Basmati rice and naan bread.
- Once cooked, the curry can be kept warm in the warming oven for an hour or two until ready to serve.
1. Add twice the volume of water to rice in an AGA Stainless Steel Saucepan.
2. Bring to the boil on the boiling plate, immediately cover with a lid and transfer to the simmering oven for 20 minutes.
3. Fork over to separate the grains and serve immediately or cover for 30 minutes and leave in the warming oven until ready to serve.
Many thanks to our friends at Cornish Sea Salt Company for this delicious recipe.