Try this creamy soup with a hint of sweetness for a healthy and comforting dinner or re-heat for a quick work lunch.
1 tbsp olive oil 150g onions, diced
350g peeled sweet potato, cut into 2cm pieces
350g peeled and deseeded butternut squash, cut into 2cm pieces 150g peeled carrots, sliced
1 tbsp fresh ginger, chopped 600ml vegetable or chicken stock freshly ground salt and pepper 100ml single cream
Flat leaf parsley, chopped for garnish
- Place butter and oil in a large heavy-based saucepan on the boiling plate or induction hob and heat until butter has melted.
- Add the onion and sauté until soft, stirring all the time. Add the sweet potato, squash and carrots and sauté until beginning to soften. Stir in the chopped ginger and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the stock and bring soup to the boil. Allow to simmer for 20-30 minutes on the boiling or simmering plate or induction hob until vegetables are all really soft.
- Allow to cool slightly before blending to a smooth soup. Return to the saucepan, stir in the cream and bring back up to a gentle simmer.
- Season to taste and garnish with parsley before serving.