These delicious vegetarian tarts are wonderful as a starter or light lunch.
1 sheet ready-rolled puff pastry
115g (4oz) goats' cheese
Fresh basil leaves
6-8 cherry tomatoes, sliced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Cut the puff pastry into even squares. On each square place some goats' cheese and top with a basil leaf and slices of tomato.
2. Cook for about 15 minutes in the main oven set to 220°C (425°F), Gas Mark 7, towards the top of the oven until risen and browned.
3. Serve warm with a dressed bistro salad.
- Spread some pesto over the pastry before adding the cheese.
- Omit the goats' cheese and use extra tomatoes.
- Place roasted vegetables on the puff pastry squares and lay slices of Mozzarella cheese over.