AGA Demonstrator Penny Zako shares her fabulous recipe for triple cooked roasted goose fat potatoes. For this recipe, Penny used Maris Piper potatoes.
1 jar goose fat
2 tsp. paprika
1 tbsp. plain flour
Serves 6 - 8
1. Peel and cut the potatoes into chunks, then place into a Stainless Steel Casserole and cover with cold water.
2. Bring to the boil and then drain the water leaving about 1cm in the base.
3. Continue to cook in the AGA simmering oven with the lid on to steam cook, alternatively you can continue to boil until the surface of the potato begins to soften. Drain all the water and shake the pan to roughen the edges. Mix the flour with the paprika and sprinkle over the potatoes, allow to cool a little.
4. Meanwhile heat the goose fat in the Hard Anodised Deep Baking Tray in a hot oven, on the floor of the AGA roasting oven. Once it has melted and is hot remove from the oven and add the potatoes in a single layer into the tray, turn to coat in fat and sprinkle with sea salt. Return the tray to the hot oven, floor of the roasting oven and cook for 15-20 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and turn the potatoes; at this point the roasters can be chilled and then frozen to be cooked at a later date. To cook from frozen allow an extra 15-20 minutes cooking time. If not preparing in advance place the roasting tin at the top of the roasting oven for the potatoes to continue to crisp and brown for 20-25 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and using a slotted spoon place the potatoes on the shallow hard anodised baking sheet, you can continue to cook in the centre of the hot oven, AGA roasting oven for 15-20 minutes or keep warm to finish off later.