These grilled red pepper and cream cheese parcels can be made in advance, perfect for when you are entertaining and want to save time. Many thanks to AGA Demonstrator Penny Zako for this lovely recipe.
4 peppers – halved and grilled at the top of the Rayburn top oven set to roasting, then peeled
350g ricotta and 250g soft goat’s cheese
2 tbsp. chopped chives
1 lemon – juiced
1 garlic clove – crushed and chopped finely
- Slice the pepper in half and grill at the top of the Rayburn top oven set to roasting, then peel once cooled.
- Line each of the Portmeirion Muffin Tray holes with cling film wrap leaving an overlap. Lay the base and sides of each hole with slices of grilled peppers.
- In a bowl, combine the cheese, chives, lemon and garlic and mix. Fill each muffin tray hole lined with peppers with the cheese mixture.
- Bring the overlap of the cling wrap to the centre of each parcel and twist the cling film to seal.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving.
Roasted Walnut and Spinach Pesto
To make: blend 25g of roasted walnuts, 100g spinach leaves, 1 garlic clove, 20g parmesan cheese, 60ml olive oil and 2 tbsp. lemon juice. If a little thick mix in some water.
To serve place a spoonful of Walnut and Spinach Pesto in the centre of a plate and top with a Grilled Red Pepper and Cream Cheese parcels. Garnish the plate with remaining pesto, baby peppers and a drizzle of olive oil.