These savoury scones make delicious party food, especially when warm. They can be served with a savoury butter, olives and chutneys in the centre.
400g self raising flour
3 tsp baking powder
2 tsp mustard powder
350g Feta cheese, crumbled
100g sliced black olives
1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
1 egg, beaten (save a teaspoon for brushing the tops)
50g crumbled Feta cheese
1. Place the flour, baking and mustard powder into a bowl and rub in the butter. Add the cheese, olives, rosemary and season with black pepper.
2. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the egg and milk. Mix together to form a soft dough, then roll the dough on a floured surface to about 2.5cm thick. Use a plain 3.5cm cutter to cut out the scones, re-rolling as necessary.
3. Line the AGA cold plain shelf with Bake-O-Glide and arrange the scones in a circle with a 2mm gap, brush with the reserved beaten egg and sprinkle Feta on the top of each scone.
3. Slide the cold plain shelf onto the second or third runners down in the roasting oven and bake for 6 minutes, turn the plain shelf around and return to the oven for a further 5-7 minutes until the scones are cooked and a golden brown.
4. Serve warm with a savoury butter, olives and chutney in the centre.
Tip - To warm up the scones just place in the simmering oven for 10-15 minutes.