If you didn't have time to make a Christmas pudding on stir up Sunday then this super quick recipe is the perfect solution.
100g soft margarine
100g caster sugar
175g self-raising flour
120g large eggs
pinch of salt
8 tbsp luxury mincemeat
- Grease a 1.1 litre Pyrex pudding bowl with butter. Place 4 tablespoons mincemeat in the base of the pudding basin and smooth around the base and partly up the sides.
- Place all the remaining ingredients, except mincemeat in a large bowl and beat together with an electric mixer for approximately 30 seconds. Scrape down the bowl add remaining mincemeat and continue beating for a further 30 seconds.
- Transfer the mix to the basin, cover with greaseproof paper and foil, make sure you have a good seal.
- Bring 1.5 litre water to the boil on the boiling plate or induction hob in a heavy-based saucepan large to hold the pudding basin. Place the pudding in the pan, put lid on and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to the lower oven on the simmer setting on the floor grid placed on the floor and cook for 1 ½ hours. Remove pudding from the saucepan and turn upside down and remove bowl. Serve immediately with brandy cream or luxury custard.