Try Penny Zako's recipe for the most perfect turkey gravy.
1 tbsp. oil
Turkey giblets or 1 pack of chicken wings
3 celery sticks, chopped
1 onion, chopped
3 bay leaves
8 black peppercorns
3 tbsp. plain flour
150ml dry white wine
1.5 litres cold water
Turkey cooking juices, excess surface fat discarded
1. Use the Portmeirion for AGA Roaster with Pouring Lip, place on the simmering plate to and melt the butter with the oil.
2. Add the giblets or chicken wings along with all the vegetables, heat through and then place onto the floor of the roasting oven to continue cooking until golden. Add the bay leaves, peppercorns and the water, bring to a simmer place into the baking oven for about 1 hour.
3. Strain the stock into a jug and allow to cool slightly. At this stage the stock can be stored in the fridge for 2 days.
4. Place the turkey roasting dish onto the simmer plate and add the flour, stir for about 1 minute and then gradually add the wine; cook until its reduced by half.
5. Next add the stock and the reserved turkey cooking juices and bring to a simmer.
6. Then strain into the AGA Stainless Steel Sauce Pot, leave to simmer and thicken on the resting area.